PyYAML event listener
Contains class which interprets YAML events and forwards them to a handler object.
- class google.appengine.api.yaml_listener.EventHandlersource
Handler interface for parsing YAML files.
Implement this interface to define specific YAML event handling class. Implementing classes instances are passed to the constructor of EventListener to act as a receiver of YAML parse events.
- Alias(event, loader)source
Handle alias event
- DocumentEnd(event, loader)source
Handle end of document event
- DocumentStart(event, loader)source
Handle start of document event
- MappingEnd(event, loader)source
Handle end of mapping event
- MappingStart(event, loader)source
Handle start of mappping event
- Scalar(event, loader)source
Handle scalar event
- SequenceEnd(event, loader)source
Handle end of sequence event
- SequenceStart(event, loader)source
Handle start of sequence event
- StreamEnd(event, loader)source
Handle end of stream event
- StreamStart(event, loader)source
Handle start of stream event
- class google.appengine.api.yaml_listener.EventListener(event_handler)source
Helper class to re-map PyYAML events to method calls.
By default, PyYAML generates its events via a Python generator. This class is a helper that iterates over the events from the PyYAML parser and forwards them to a handle class in the form of method calls. For simplicity, the underlying event is forwarded to the handler as a parameter to the call.
This object does not itself produce iterable objects, but is really a mapping to a given handler instance.
- class PrintDocumentHandler(object):
- def DocumentStart(event):
print "A new document has been started"
key1: value1 --- key2: value2 '''
In the example above, the implemented handler class (PrintDocumentHandler) has a single method which reports each time a new document is started within a YAML file. It is not necessary to subclass the EventListener, merely it receives a PrintDocumentHandler instance. Every time a new document begins, PrintDocumentHandler.DocumentStart is called with the PyYAML event passed in as its parameter..
- HandleEvent(event, loader=None)source
Handle individual PyYAML event.Parameters
event -- Event to forward to method call in method call.Raises
IllegalEvent when receives an unrecognized or unsupported event type.
- Parse(stream, loader_class=yaml.loader.SafeLoader)source
Call YAML parser to generate and handle all events.
Calls PyYAML parser and sends resulting generator to handle_event method for processing.Parameters
stream -- String document or open file object to process as per the yaml.parse method. Any object that implements a 'read()' method which returns a string document will work with the YAML parser.
loader_class -- Used for dependency injection.