This page explains Anthos clusters on AWS (GKE on AWS) versioning. For more information, see the following:
Anthos clusters on AWS aws-1.12.1-gke.0 supports the following Kubernetes versions:
For information on prior supported versions, see Release notes.
This section describes upgrading your AWSClusters and AWSNodePools.
You can update an AWSCluster to a new version of Anthos clusters on AWS without updating your AWSNodePools.
You cannot update an AWSNodePool to a version newer than your AWSCluster. To update your AWSNodePools, you must first update your AWSCluster.
Your AWSNodePools version must be no less than two minor versions behind your AWSCluster version.
This section describes Anthos clusters on AWS versions and support for versions.
- For the Anthos-wide versioning policy, see Version Support Policy.
- For a list of supported versions, see Available versions.
Anthos clusters on AWS Kubernetes versions look like this:
- Major version (
- Major versions introduce backward incompatible changes.
- Minor versions (
- Minor versions typically introduce new functionality.
- Patch versions (
Patch versions include fixes and security updates. Patch versions do not typically introduce new features.
A patch version release number ends in
Nis a number.
Anthos clusters on AWS releases:
- Minor versions: approximately every three months
- Patch versions: every month