Before you can use AI Platform Data Labeling Service, you must enable it for your project.
- Sign in to your Google Cloud account. If you're new to Google Cloud, create an account to evaluate how our products perform in real-world scenarios. New customers also get $300 in free credits to run, test, and deploy workloads.
In the Google Cloud Console, on the project selector page, select or create a Google Cloud project.
Make sure that billing is enabled for your Cloud project. Learn how to confirm that billing is enabled for your project.
- Enable the Data Labeling API.
- Install the Google Cloud SDK and the
gcloudcommand line tool.
- Follow the instructions to create a service account and download a key file for that account.
- Set the
GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALSenvironment variable to the path to the service account key file that you downloaded when you created the service account.
- Set the
PROJECT_IDenvironment variable to your Project ID.
export PROJECT_ID=YOUR_PROJECT_IDThe Data Labeling API calls and resource names include your Project ID in them. The
PROJECT_IDenvironment variable provides a convenient way to specify the ID.
- Add your user account and your service account to the Data Labeling Editor IAM role.
- Replace YOUR_USERID@YOUR_DOMAIN with your user account.
- Replace SERVICE_ACCOUNT_NAME with the name of
your new service account, for example
gcloud auth login gcloud projects add-iam-policy-binding $PROJECT_ID
--role="roles/datalabeling.editor" gcloud projects add-iam-policy-binding $PROJECT_ID
- Create a Google Cloud Storage bucket to store the data that you want to label and the instructions for the labelers.