December 4, 2017
The following beta features are available in API version v1p1beta1:
- Document text detection: confidence scores for all levels of results, auto language detection, support for multiple languages, and faster and more accurate results. Learn more.
- Web entities detection: accepts geotag input as detection hint, and returns best guess labels describing the contents of the image. Learn more.
- Safe Search detection: includes additional
racycategory to enhance adult content moderation. Learn more.
November 6, 2017
Document text detection language update
Document text detection updates:
- Additional languages supported.
- Automatic language detection (`languageHint` is no longer required in your requests).
- Multiple languages supported per image.
- Faster and more accurate text detection results.
June 21, 2017
Text detection model update
The text detection model has been updated to improve quality. There is no change in response structure.
Label detection model update
The label detection model has been updated to improve quality. Label detection, which names objects inside an image, now recognizes more than 10,000 entities.
May 18, 2017
Cloud Vision API General Availability (GA) Release
Crop hints: Find the optimal crop for your images. Code samples.
HTTP/HTTPS image URIs: Process images from publicly-accessible HTTP and HTTPS URLs. See Providing the image for details.