- Does Google use the image I send to the Cloud Vision API?
- Google currently will not use any of your content (such as images and labels) for any purpose except to provide you with the Cloud Vision API service.
- Will Google share the image I send to the Cloud Vision API?
- We will not make the image that you send available to the public, or share it with anyone else, except as necessary to provide the Cloud Vision API service. For example, sometimes, we may need to use a third-party vendor to help us provide some aspect of our services, such as storage or transmission of data, who will be under appropriate security and confidentiality contractual obligations. We will not share the image that you send with any other parties, or make it public, for any other purpose.
- Will the image I send to the Cloud Vision API, the results or other information about the request itself, be stored on Google servers? If so, how long and where is the information kept, and do I have access to it?
- When you send an image to Google Cloud Vision API, we must store that image for a short period of time in order to perform the analysis and return the results to you. The stored image is typically deleted in a few hours. Google also temporarily logs some metadata about your Vision API requests (such as the time the request was received and the size of the request) to improve our service and combat abuse.
- How does Google protect and ensure the security of the data I send to Cloud Vision API?
- Please refer to the Google Cloud Platform Security page which describes the security measures in place for Google’s Cloud Services.
- Does Google use my data for improving Google Vision?
- Currently, Google does not use the content you send to train and improve our Google Vision features such as its machine perception model.
- Does Google claim ownership of the content I send in the request to Cloud Vision API?
- Google does not claim any ownership in any of the content (including images and labels) that you transmit to the Cloud Vision API.
- Can I resell the Google Cloud Vision API?
- No, you are not permitted to resell the Google Cloud Vision API service. You can still integrate Cloud Vision API into applications of independent value.
Data Usage FAQ
Monitor your resources on the go
Get the Google Cloud Console app to help you manage your projects.