Get a Google support package
Google Cloud offers different support packages to meet different needs, such as 24/7 coverage, phone support, and access to a technical support manager. For more information, see Google Cloud Support.
Prepare for Google support
Before contacting technical support, see if your question or problem has already been addressed in one of the following places:
When you contact technical support, we recommend that you have the following types of information ready:
- Your project ID and Cloud SQL instance name.
- If your issue involves an error of any kind,
check the Cloud SQL logs.Copy and
save any resulting log entries that appear to be relevant to the time the
Read the entries carefully. Error logs can be full of information, and often the root cause of the problem is hidden somewhere in the text.
Get support through the Google Cloud Console
You can contact technical support through phone or chat, and find other support options on the Google Cloud Console support page.
Get support from the community
- Search existing issues in the community forums Stack Overflow and google-cloud-sql-discuss.
- Check the public issue tracker for Cloud SQL.
If you are still stuck, take one of the following steps:
- Ask a question on
Use the tag
google-cloud-sqlfor questions about Cloud SQL. This tag not only receives responses from the Stack Overflow community, but also from Google engineers, who monitor the tag and offer unofficial support.
- Join the google-cloud-sql-discuss Google group to discuss Cloud SQL issues.
- Visit the Google Cloud Slack community to discuss Cloud SQL and other Google Cloud products. If you haven't already joined, use this form to sign up.
When posting your question, provide:
- A description of your problem, including any error messages.
- The operation you attempted, for example, an admin operation or query.
- The time and date (including timezone) you encountered the problem.
- The tool or library that you use to interact with Cloud SQL.
- A code sample, if applicable and possible.
You can also join the google-cloud-sql-announce Google group to receive announcements about Cloud SQL. Subscribe via email with firstname.lastname@example.org.
File bugs or feature requests
From the Cloud SQL documentation click "Send feedback" near the top right of the page. This will open a feedback form. Your comments will be reviewed by the Cloud SQL team.