This page describes how to validate Certified Professional Installer (CPI) certification in the Google Spectrum Access System (SAS) Portal. If you are a CPI, you must verify your identity in the SAS Portal and sign off on Citizens Broadband Radio Service Device (CBSD) configurations.
Before you begin
Make sure that you have the following:
- CPI ID
- CPI certificate file
- CPI certificate password
Verify your identity as a CPI
Make sure that you verify your CPI identity periodically to show that your credentials are still valid. To verify your identity as a CPI, follow these steps:
- Go to the SAS Portal.
- On the left, click SAS Portal.
- Select a network deployment, and then click Open.
- On the right, select your Google Account, and then click Verify CPI identity.
- Enter your CPI ID, Certificate, and Certificate password.
The SAS Portal validates that you are a CPI by encoding a random string that uses your certificate file and password. It also decodes the string with the corresponding public key in the WInnForum CPI database. The validation takes place locally in the browser, so your certificate file stays on your computer.
After your CPI identity is verified, repeat step 4 and sign off on any additional CBSD configurations.
- Register a CBSD that needs CPI validation.
- Learn about Spectrum Access System.
- Learn about key SAS terms.
- Troubleshoot SAS issues.