This page explains how to get started using the Cloud SDK, so you can use it to interact with Dataproc Metastore.
Before you begin
- Sign in to your Google Cloud account. If you're new to Google Cloud, create an account to evaluate how our products perform in real-world scenarios. New customers also get $300 in free credits to run, test, and deploy workloads.
In the Google Cloud Console, on the project selector page, select or create a Google Cloud project.
- Enable the Dataproc Metastore API.
- Install and initialize the Cloud SDK.
Getting started with the gcloud command-line tool
To start with the
gcloud tool, review the
Cloud SDK Documentation.
You can get help for the tool, resources, and commands by using the
gcloud metastore --help
The help displayed with the
--help flag is also available in the Cloud SDK
Setting default configuration properties in your local client
gcloud metastore commands require a location, which you specify using
--location flag or by setting the default location. You can also set the
default project and tier for your Dataproc Metastore services.
- To set the default project, run the following command:
gcloud config set project PROJECT_ID
where PROJECT_ID is the ID of the Google Cloud project that the Dataproc Metastore service belongs to.
- To configure the Dataproc Metastore location, run the following command:
gcloud config set metastore/location LOCATION
where LOCATION is a supported region such as
- To configure the Dataproc Metastore tier, run the following command:
gcloud config set metastore/tier TIER
where TIER sets the capacity of the new service.
- Optional: To list the configuration for the
gcloudtool, run the following command:
gcloud config list
- Learn more about Dataproc Metastore gcloud commands.
- Learn more about enabling the API.
- Learn more about the quickstart guide.