This page describes how to get started using the Cloud SDK, so you can use it to manage Dataproc Metastore services.
The Cloud SDK provides the
gcloud command-line tool to interact
with Dataproc Metastore and other Google Cloud services.
Before you begin
gcloudtool uses the API to access Dataproc Metastore, so you must enable the API before you can use the
gcloudcommand-line tool to access Dataproc Metastore.
Enable the Dataproc Metastore API
- Install the Cloud SDK on your local client.
- Run the following command to access
gcloud components update
Getting started with the gcloud command-line tool
To start with the
gcloud tool, review the
Cloud SDK Documentation. You can get help for the tool, resources, and commands by using the
gcloud metastore --help
The help displayed with the
--help flag is also available in the Cloud SDK
Setting default configuration properties in your local client
gcloud metastore commands require a location. You can specify the
location by using the
--location flag or by setting the default location. You
can also set the default project and tier for your
Dataproc Metastore services.
- To set the default project, enter the following command:
gcloud config set project PROJECT_ID
where PROJECT_ID is the ID of the Google Cloud project that the Dataproc Metastore service belongs to.
- To configure the Dataproc Metastore location, enter the following command:
gcloud config set metastore/location LOCATION
where LOCATION is a supported region such as
- To configure the Dataproc Metastore tier, enter the following command:
gcloud config set metastore/tier TIER
where TIER sets the capacity of the new service.
- Optional: To list the configuration for the
gcloudtool, enter the following command:
gcloud config list
- Learn more about Dataproc Metastore gcloud commands.
- Learn more about enabling the API.
- Learn more about the quickstart guide.