Before You Begin
- Sign in to your Google Cloud account. If you're new to Google Cloud, create an account to evaluate how our products perform in real-world scenarios. New customers also get $300 in free credits to run, test, and deploy workloads.
In the Google Cloud Console, on the project selector page, select or create a Google Cloud project.
Make sure that billing is enabled for your Cloud project. Learn how to confirm that billing is enabled for your project.
- Enable the Google Compute Engine and Cloud Source Repositories APIs.
Launch Datalab from Cloud Shell
- Start a Cloud Shell session from a Google Cloud Platform project.
- In the Cloud Shell session window, run the following command to create
a Datalab VM instance. Make sure to select a unique name for the instance,
which must start with a lowercase letter followed by up to 62 lowercase
letters, numbers, or hyphens, and cannot end with a hyphen.
datalab create instance-name
- Open your browser to the Datalab home
page by clicking the Web preview button
and then selecting Change port→Port 8081.
The Datalab home page opens in your browser.