This page describes some of the tools you use to install and use GKE on-prem.
kubectl(included in the Google Cloud CLI)
gcloud(included in the gcloud CLI)
is the CLI to vSphere. You use
govc when you create the admin workstation,
and you can use it to administer your vSphere cluster.
terraform is the
CLI to HashiCorp Terraform. You use
terraform to create and upgrade the admin
gkectl is the CLI to GKE on-prem. See its
gkectl for many cluster administration tasks, including:
- Cluster creation and management.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting issues.
- Capturing and exporting cluster logs.
is the CLI to Kubernetes. You use
kubectl to interact with Kubernetes and
Kubernetes clusters, and for tasks including:
- Deploying, managing, and deleting containerized workloads running in clusters.
- Managing, editing, and deleting Kubernetes resources.
Google Cloud CLI is the CLI to Google Cloud. You use the gcloud CLI for several purposes, including:
- Authenticating against your Google Cloud project.
- Creating service accounts and their private keys.
- Binding Identity and Access Management roles to accounts.