Use the following best practices to help build your Cloud VPN:
- Learn about the types of Cloud VPN. Use HA VPN for the best redundancy in an active/passive configuration, when possible.
- Learn about how Cloud VPN works with Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) networks. Cloud VPN provides a way for resources in your VPC network to communicate with a peer network and a way for a peer network to communicate with your Google Cloud resources.
- Learn about routing options for Cloud VPN tunnels. Classic VPN supports static and dynamic (BGP) routing, but HA VPN requires dynamic routing. You can control the routes that you exchange with your VPC network. Use dynamic routing when possible.
- Learn about firewall rules in Google Cloud. Firewall rules for resources in your VPC network are configured independently from Cloud VPN.
- Generate a strong pre-shared key for your Cloud VPN tunnels (recommended).
- Learn about the basic concepts of Cloud VPN
- See Advanced Configurations for information on high-availability, high-throughput scenarios, or multiple subnet scenarios.
- Create a custom Virtual Private Cloud network
- Maintain VPN tunnels and gateways
- View logs and monitoring metrics
- Get troubleshooting help