This page describes individual commands that can be used with Network Service Tiers. For contextual "how-to" information about using these commands, see the VPC networking How-tos.
The Network Service Tiers APIs and
gcloud commands are part of
gcloud SDK and API references
Use the following resources and their methods when working with VPC networks.
- Address: Use to create internal and external IP address
resources, assign those address resource to GCP resources, and modify
- Firewall rules: Use to create and modify firewall rules
in your GCP VPC network. Firewall rules allow you to allow or deny traffic
to or from VM instances based on IP addresses, protocol, and ports.
- Forwarding rules: Use to create and modify forwarding rules in your VPC
network. Forwarding rules tell the network where to send matching packets
that enter or pass through the network.
- Networks: Use to create, modify, and peer VPC networks and subnets.
- Routes: Use to create and modify VPC network static routes. Static
routes are manually configured instructions to the VPC network, telling
it how to forward traffic leaving VM instances.
- Shared VPC: Use to share a VPC network with other projects and control
that sharing. In the API, modify these settings using the