This page shows you how to install the Cloud Tools for IntelliJ plugin and get ready to deploy a Google App Engine project from within IntelliJ IDEA.
Before you begin
Sign in to your Google account.
If you don't already have one, sign up for a new account.
- Select or create a Cloud Platform project.
- Enable billing for your project.
- Make sure that the following software is installed on your local system:
- IntelliJ IDEA, either the Community or the Ultimate edition.
- Apache Maven 3.1 or later
- Google Cloud SDK
- Google Chrome
gcloud components install app-engine-java
Install and Set Up Cloud Tools for IntelliJ
To install the plugins:
- From inside IDEA, open File > Settings. Or, on Mac OS X, open IntelliJ IDEA > Preferences.
- In the navigation pane, select Plugins.
- Click Browse repositories.
- In the dialog that opens, select Google Cloud Tools.
- Click Install.
- Click Close.
- Click OK in the Settings dialog.
- Click Restart.
- Configure the Cloud SDK location:
- Open File > Settings or on Mac OS X open IntelliJ IDEA > Preferences.
- Choose Google > Cloud SDK or Other Settings > Google > Cloud SDK.
- Browse to the location where you installed the Cloud SDK. If you aren't
sure where you installed it, you can run
gcloud infoto display its location if you used the interactive installer or added it to your environment's
- Configure the project JDK:
- Open File > Project Structure or on Mac OS X open IntelliJ IDEA > Project Structure.
- Choose Project Settings > Project.
- If the Project SDK is missing, click New.. and choose a JDK.