This page shows you how to install the Cloud Tools for IntelliJ plugin and get ready to deploy a Java App Engine project from within IntelliJ IDEA.
Before you begin
Sign in to your Google Account.
If you don't already have one, sign up for a new account.
Select or create a GCP project.
Make sure that billing is enabled for your project.
- Ensure that the following software is installed on your local system:
- IntelliJ IDEA, 2017 or higher. (Note: The plugin fully supports Ultimate edition but only provides limited support for Community edition.)
- Apache Maven 3.1 or later
- Google Chrome
Install and set up Cloud Tools for IntelliJ
To install the plugin:
- From inside IDEA, open File > Settings. Or, on Mac OS X, open IntelliJ IDEA > Preferences.
- In the navigation pane, select Plugins.
- Click Browse repositories.
- In the dialog that opens, select Google Cloud Tools.
- Click Install.
- Click Close.
- Click OK in the Settings dialog.
- Click Restart.
- Configure the project JDK:
- Open File > Project Structure. Or on Mac OS X open IntelliJ IDEA > Project Structure.
- Choose Project Settings > Project.
- If the Project JDK is missing, click New... and choose a JDK.