This page describes the steps to enable and disable Container Registry.
See Pricing for information about charges for Container Registry.
- Sign in to your Google Cloud account. If you're new to Google Cloud, create an account to evaluate how our products perform in real-world scenarios. New customers also get $300 in free credits to run, test, and deploy workloads.
In the Google Cloud Console, on the project selector page, select or create a Google Cloud project.
Make sure that billing is enabled for your Cloud project. Learn how to confirm that billing is enabled for your project.
- Install and initialize Cloud SDK if it is not
already installed. To update an existing
installation, run the command
gcloud components update.
- Enable the API from Cloud Console
or with the following
gcloud services enable containerregistry.googleapis.com
To disable the API from the Cloud Console:
- Go to the API Overview page for Container Registry.
- Select the project where the API is enabled.
- Click Manage.
- Click Disable API.
Run the following command to disable the API for your current project:
gcloud services disable containerregistry.googleapis.com
- Configure access permissions