In this guide, you learn how to create a catalog. You use catalogs to curate and manage access to solutions you've created in Private Catalog.
Before you begin
- You must have Private Catalog enabled for your Google Cloud organization.
- You must have the Catalog Admin
roles/cloudprivatecatalogproducer.admin) role for the Google Cloud project where Private Catalog is enabled. If you don't have this role, contact your Organization Administrator to request access.
Creating a catalog
To create a catalog:
- In the Cloud Console, go to the Private Catalog Admin page.
Go to the Private Catalog Admin page
- Click Select to choose the Google Cloud project.
- Go to the Catalogs page and click CREATE CATALOG.
- Enter a name for the catalog. You cannot change the catalog name after you create it.
- Enter a description for the catalog. The description is only visible to Private Catalog admins.
- Click Create.
Your catalog now appears in the list of catalogs.