You can manage Cloud Firestore through the following actions in the Google Cloud Console:
- View, add, edit, and delete data.
- Manage indexes.
You can view all your Cloud Firestore data in the Google Cloud Console. From the Cloud Firestore data viewer, click on a document or collection to open the data nested within that item.
Open a specific path
To open a document or collection at a specific path, use the Edit path button:
Non-existent ancestor documents
A document can exist even if one or more its ancestors don't
exist. For example, the document at path
/mycoll/mydoc/mysubcoll/mysubdoc can exist even if the ancestor document
/mycoll/mydoc does not. The Cloud Firestore data viewer displays
non-existent ancestor documents as follows:
- In a collection's list of documents, the document IDs of non-existent ancestor documents are italicized.
- In a non-existent ancestor document's information panel, the data viewer points out that the document does not exist.
You can filter documents in a collection based on field value and the
conditions. For example, you can display only documents where the value of
Sam. To apply a collection filter:
Click the filter buttonnext to a collection ID:
From the Add filters menu, select a document field, a filter condition, and a sort order.
To remove a collection filter, open the same menu and click Clear filter.
In Cloud Firestore, you store data in documents and organize your documents into collections. Before you start adding data, learn more about the Cloud Firestore data model.
You can add, edit, and delete documents and collections from the Firebase console. To manage your data from the GCP console, go to the Cloud Firestore Data page:
- Click Start Collection.
- Enter a collection ID. Enter a document ID. Cloud Firestore will generate document ID, but you can overwrite for a specific document ID. Add fields for the data in your document.
- Click Save. Your new collection and document appear in the data viewer.
- To add more documents to the collection, click Add Document.
- Click on a collection to view its documents, then click on a document to view its fields and subcollections.
- Click on a field to edit its value. To add fields or subcollections to the selected document, click Add Field or Start Collection.
To delete a collection:
- Select the collection you want to delete.
- Click the menu icon at the top of the documents column, then click Delete collection.
To delete a document:
- Select the document you want to delete.
- Click the menu icon at the top of the document details column. Select Delete document or Delete document fields.
Deleting a document deletes all of the nested data in that document, including any subcollections.
Deleting a document's fields does not delete its subcollections. Although empty, the document still exists and can appear in query results.
To delete a specific field in a document:
- Select the document to view its fields.
- Click the delete icon beside the field you want to delete.