The Database Migration Service for PostgreSQL supports one-time and continuous migrations from source databases to Cloud SQL destination databases.Continuous migrations are available for all supported scenarios. One-time migration is supported only for MySQL sources.
Supported source databases
- RDS 9.6.10+, 10.5+, 11.1+, 12
- Aurora 10.11+, 11.6+, 12.4+
- Self-managed (on prem, on any cloud VM) 9.4, 9.5, 9.6, 10, 11, 12, 13
- Cloud SQL 9.6, 10, 11, 12, 13
For all of the sources above, the entire database server is migrated. When connecting to a PostgreSQL database server, all databases in the server are migrated.
However, there are several schemas that can't be migrated. See Known limitations for more information about these schemas.
Supported destination databases
- Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL 9.6, 10, 11, 12, 13