The Google Cloud Backup and DR-Actifio GO offering involves the following key components:
- Google Cloud Backup and DR Service in Google Cloud
- Actifio on-premises instance
The Google Cloud Backup and DR management console deployed in Google Cloud functions as billing endpoint while the Actifio on-premises instance works to protect your on-premises workloads.
The following diagram shows the high-level deployment model for the Google Cloud Backup and DR-Actifio GO offering.
Use the following steps to set up the Google Cloud Backup and DR-Actifio GO offering:
- Subscribe to Google Cloud Backup and DR Service.
- If you do not want to protect any cloud workload using Google Cloud Backup and DR Service, stop the backup/recovery appliance using the instructions in the Stop a VM section. If you fail to stop the backup/recovery appliance, it can incur charges.
- Log a support case in the Google Cloud support portal for Backup and DR-Actifio Hybrid deployment. While logging the case, include the project ID where the Google Cloud Backup and DR Service is set up.
- Google Cloud Customer Care helps you to get the Open Virtual Appliance (OVA) required for on-premises installation.
- Follow the documentation to deploy Actifio Global Manager (AGM) and Sky appliances.
- After deploying AGM, work with Google Cloud Customer Care to set up the consumption-based billing with the Backup and DR Service. Details related to setting up consumption-based billing in Google Cloud Backup and DR are listed in the Google Cloud Backup and DR-Actifio GO AGM on-premises Deployment guide.
In the AGM, click the help icon that is on the top right corner of the dashboard to refer to in-product help documentation for configuring required use cases.