Cloud Endpoints Frameworks v1 has been deprecated and will be shut down on August 2, 2018. We recommend that you use the latest version of this feature, which is renamed to Cloud Endpoints Frameworks for App Engine. This new version supports App Engine standard environment, provides lower latency, and has better integration with App Engine. For more details, see Migrating to 2.0.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
- Create a simple HTML page that provides client UI to access the backend API.
- Deploy client app and API backend to production App Engine, then test the client.
- Use OAuth 2.0 in the client to gain access to an API backend method that is restricted to authorized clients.
Complete sample code location
The tutorial leads you through the addition of all the code required to run the sample. However, if you want to download the entire project, visit the code repository containing the appengine-endpoints-helloendpoints-python project.
The following topics lead you through the tutorial:
- Adding the Client UI to invoke a simple GET and display results.
- Adding a simple POST.
- Adding Auth support to the client to access a backend method Protected by OAuth.