How to prepare for — and ace — Google’s Associate Cloud Engineer exam
Head of Google Cloud Credentials and Certifications
Do you want to get out of the server room and into the cloud? Now’s the time to sign up for our Cloud Engineer Learning Path — now with the newly refreshed Preparing for the Associate Cloud Engineer certification course — and start working toward your Associate Cloud Engineer certification.
Earning your Associate Cloud Engineer certification sends a strong signal to potential employers about what you can accomplish in Google Cloud. Associate Cloud Engineers can deploy and secure applications and infrastructure, maintain enterprise solutions to ensure they meet performance metrics, and monitor the operations of multiple projects in the cloud.
Associate Cloud Engineers have also demonstrated that they can use the Google Cloud Console and the command-line interface to maintain and scale deployed cloud solutions that leverage Google-managed or self-managed services on Google Cloud.
Many Associate Cloud Engineers come from the on-premises world of racking and stacking servers and are ready to upgrade their skills to the cloud era. Achieving an Associate Cloud Engineer certification is a great step towards growing a career in IT, opening you up to become a cloud developer or architect, cloud security engineer, cloud systems engineer, or network engineer, among others.
The Associate Cloud Engineer learning path
Before attempting the Associate Cloud Engineer exam, we recommend that you have 6+ months hands-on experience with Google Cloud products and solutions. While you’re gaining that experience, a good way to enhance your preparation is to follow the Cloud Engineer Learning Path, which consists of on-demand courses, hands-on labs, and the opportunity to earn skill badges. Here are our recommended steps:
1. Understand what’s on the exam: Review the exam guide to determine if your skills align with the topics on the exam.
2. Create your study plan with the Preparing for Your Associate Cloud Engineer Journey: This course helps you structure your preparation for the Associate Cloud Engineer exam. You will learn about the Google Cloud domains covered by the exam and how to create a study plan to improve your domain knowledge.
3. Start preparing: Follow the Cloud Engineer learning path, where you’ll dive into Google Cloud services such as Compute Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, App Engine, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, and BigQuery.
4. Earn skills badges: Demonstrate your growing Google Cloud skills by sharing your earned skill badges along the way.
Skill badges that will help you prepare for the Associate Cloud Engineer certification include:
5. Review additional resources: Test your knowledge with some sample exam questions here.
6. Certify: Finally, register for the exam and select whether to take it remotely or at a nearby testing center.
Start your prep to become an Associate Cloud Engineer
Take the next step towards becoming a cloud engineer and develop the recommended hands-on experience by earning the recommended skill badges. Register here and get 30 days free access to the cloud engineer learning path on Google Cloud Skills Boost!