Enhancing Duet AI for Developers through our partner ecosystem
VP, Product Management, Google Cloud App Ecosystem
Join us at Google Cloud Next
Coming to Las Vegas, April 9–11.Register
Today, we’re announcing that Duet AI for Developers is now Generally Available (GA), along with new partner enhancements that will bring even greater capabilities to customers. All of our Duet AI services will incorporate Gemini, our newest and most capable model, over the next few weeks.
Google Cloud’s strategy is to meet developers where they are by embracing third-party tools that help them build applications quickly, accelerate time to value, and remove friction throughout the software development and delivery process. We are committed to extending these capabilities through our partners, and thanks to Cloud Code, you can already use Duet AI with many popular IDEs such as VSCode, and JetBrains IDEs like IntelliJ, PyCharm, GoLand, and Webstorm.
Let’s explore how Duet AI for Developers will empower organizations through our growing, open ecosystem.
Enhancing Duet AI with partners
Duet AI for Developers is already trained on an extensive collection of publicly available information and code from open-source and third-party platforms. Today, we’re announcing our largest set of partner enhancements with Duet AI yet. More than 25 companies will add support for developers on Google Cloud, enabling us to train and optimize Duet AI for their platforms, so that developers can be more productive and agile. These new capabilities will begin launching in Q1 of 2024.
Our partners will support developers leveraging Google Cloud in two ways:
- First, our code-assist partners will help Duet AI provide technology-aware coding assistance for popular products in the developer ecosystem. For example, a developer writing code using MongoDB will be able to ask Duet AI for Developers, “Filter customer orders over $50 in the past 30 days by geography, and then calculate total revenue by location,” and Duet AI for Developers will then use information from MongoDB’s products to suggest code to complete the task, so developers can build even faster.
- Second, our knowledge-base partners will allow Duet AI to provide easy access to documentation and knowledge sources for popular developer products. With knowledge base partners, Duet AI can easily retrieve partner-specific information, like how to best resolve common production issues and vulnerabilities, or how to automate software tests for quality assurance. This means developers can stay focused on coding, and easily retrieve information from documentation, knowledge base articles, security policies, and more.
Read on to learn more about how our partners are supporting developers with Duet AI.
Partners adding support for coding with Duet AI for Developers are:
- Confluent, the widely adopted cloud-native data streaming platform, will help enhance Duet AI by providing knowledge base articles containing best practices on Confluent products and a rich set of coding examples. Through conversational interactions, Duet AI users will be able to receive guidance on topics like setting up auto-balancing for clusters and connecting apps to data systems, which can streamline their development processes.
- Elastic, a leading search analytics platform, will provide Duet AI with information about its widely-adopted vector search engine and other documentation, including code samples. This will enable developers to get answers about how to best query, test, and sample data in Elastic, without leaving their development workflows.
- Grafana Labs, which offers an open-source observability platform, will provide Duet AI with product documentation that helps developers more quickly build Grafana dashboards to visualize, query, and help understand their data. Users will also be able to ask questions about how to leverage Grafana Labs' observability tools to troubleshoot issues and increase application reliability.
- HashiCorp, a leading provider of cloud infrastructure automation software, will help train Duet AI with product information on the popular HashiCorp Terraform to provide assistance writing configurations and automating infrastructure. Users will be able to ask Duet AI for source documents, educational materials, and configuration samples written in HashiCorp Configuration Language (HCL), allowing users to be more productive and efficient.
- MongoDB, a leading developer data platform company, will enhance Duet AI by providing product documentation, best practices about building applications, and code samples to help jumpstart the development process. Developers will be able to quickly retrieve information about common architecture patterns and solutions, generate code, and efficiently troubleshoot issues through Duet AI's intuitive chat interface.
- Neo4j, a leading graph database and analytics provider, will enhance Duet AI with information about its products and how to best use its Cypher query language, so that developers can receive better guidance and coding assistance for Neo4j’s products. This assistance can help developers uncover hidden relationships and patterns in their data, and learn how to create knowledge graphs for greater LLM accuracy.
- Pinecone, a leading vector database providing long-term memory for AI, will supply product documents, use cases, learning materials, and code samples to Duet AI. This memory will enable developers to easily get answers to questions about how to optimally build and scale their applications using Pinecone.
- Redis, which delivers an enterprise-grade data platform, will add its knowledge base, product documentation, and code samples to Duet AI to improve how developers manage and scale their databases. Through natural language chat, developers will be able to quickly understand best practices and generate code, increasing their proficiency in building applications with Redis.
- SingleStore, a cloud-first database system, will enhance Duet AI by providing product documentation, reference architectures about SingleStoreDB Cloud, and code samples to help developers more effectively build and manage data-intensive applications. Users will be able to ask Duet AI questions about creating applications, generating code, and optimizing use of SingleStore to enhance their data applications and workloads.
Partners adding new knowledge base information for Duet AI for Developers are:
- Atlassian, a leading provider of team collaboration and productivity software, will help train Duet AI by providing its developer documentation, UI library, and community articles to assist DevOps, IT teams, and business users in how they collaborate and deliver experiences with Atlassian. Users will be able to ask questions that help them more efficiently develop, deploy, and manage applications with Atlassian Open DevOps platform.
- Cohesity, an AI-powered data security and management provider, will support training Duet AI by supplying knowledge base resources, product documentation, and best practice content for its products. Customers will be able to use Duet AI to ask questions, like how to set-up Cohesity’s DataProtect product in their environment and how to maintain and operate their disaster recovery solutions.
- CrowdStrike, a global cybersecurity leader, is committed to supporting Duet AI by providing the resources necessary to help all levels of security practitioners become faster and more efficient users of the AI-native CrowdStrike Falcon platform. Duet AI will deliver useful information on how to best deploy and manage CrowdStrike so users can stay focused on protecting their organizations.
- Datadog, an observability and security platform for cloud applications, will help train Duet AI on how to use its products and best practices to help users quickly access the information needed to effectively maintain full monitoring coverage with Datadog. Duet AI will enable developers to use natural language to ask questions, like how to resolve common production issues and vulnerabilities, and guidance on how to secure their applications and infrastructure.
- Dynatrace, a leader in AI-driven observability and application security, will provide Duet AI with its extensive knowledge base and product documentation for training. Developers will be able to ask Duet AI questions about the Dynatrace platform, like how to implement observability and security best practices, and how to set-up auto-remediation for production issues.
- Egnyte, a cloud-based content security collaboration platform, will provide Duet AI with information to assist developers in generating deployment scripts faster and monitoring complex deployment processes more effectively. Users will be able to quickly get answers that can support faster and cleaner software deployments.
- Exabeam, a global cybersecurity leader that delivers AI-driven security operations, will support training Duet AI by contributing key information about how to use its cloud-scale security log management and SIEM, powerful behavioral analytics, and automated threat detection, investigation, and response (TDIR) products. This will enable security practitioners to ask Duet AI questions that guide them on how to optimally utilize the Exabeam platform to help them detect threats and defend against cyberattacks.
- Jasper, an enterprise-grade AI copilot for marketing teams, will enhance Duet AI by contributing its API documentation, knowledge base resources, best practices, and FAQs. Customers will be able to use natural language to rapidly get advice on how to use Jasper to create content campaigns and integrate Jasper's APIs into their code bases.
- JetBrains, a leading provider of development tools, will support training Duet AI on its public knowledge base and product documentation, encompassing IntelliJ IDEA, Kotlin, Qodana, and other plugins and solutions. This will enable developers to quickly get information to support writing high quality code faster, debugging issues, and automating tests for quality assurance.
- Labelbox, a leading data-centric AI platform for building intelligent applications, will help train Duet AI by providing its latest product documentation, knowledge base articles, and API call examples for the Labelbox SDK. Developers will be able to use Duet AI’s natural language interface to quickly learn how to start using Labelbox products, and discover best practices on how to create applications with advanced LLMs that can unlock more value from their unstructured data.
- LangChain helps developers build context-aware reasoning applications through its popular developer framework. With Duet AI, developers will be able to use natural language to request information and best practices about using LangChain, like requesting code samples that enable them to build applications more efficiently.
- NetApp, the intelligent data infrastructure company, will support Duet AI by providing product documentation, solution guides, and API code samples. Enterprises will be able to use Duet AI’s natural language interface to learn how to configure and optimize their NetApp enterprise storage in Google Cloud and on-premises.
- Okta, a leading identity and access management provider, will support Duet AI with information from its knowledge base, sample code, and best practices for utilizing its tools. Duet AI users will be able to retrieve guidance on how to optimally use Okta’s products directly within their IDE, which can accelerate application development and improve time-to-value from software deployments.
- Snorkel, a data-centric AI platform, will support Duet AI with product documentation and best practices to help developers get information to more effectively build production-quality AI and optimize large language models. Duet AI will be able to provide best-practice guidance on how to address common challenges to accelerate the AI development process in Snorkel.
- Snyk, a leading developer security platform, will help train Duet AI by providing public information on its security scanning products and vulnerability database to help improve how developers find and fix common vulnerabilities. Users will be able to request best practices on how to bring Snyk into existing development environments and workflows, which can help them set up and operationalize Snyk’s tools faster.
- Symantec will support Duet AI with product documentation and knowledge base articles for their leading hybrid cybersecurity solutions. This will enable Duet AI to provide users with responses to questions about how to deploy and manage Symantec offerings, including best practices and more.
- Sysdig, a security monitoring and protection platform, will help train Duet AI by supplying its extensive product knowledge base, FAQs, and best practices. By supporting Duet AI, security practitioners will have specialized information that enhances their understanding of Sysdig's tools so they can better safeguard their infrastructure and organizations.
- Thales, a worldwide leader in data protection, will support Duet AI by providing technical documentation, knowledge base articles, and user guides to give developers quick access to information about its technology. Duet AI will provide developers, IT administrators, and security teams with insights that help increase productivity using Thales’ key management, encryption, and confidential computing tools.
- Weights & Biases, an AI developer platform, will provide its knowledge database, code examples, and best practices to improve how developers build and manage their end-to-end workflows. Customers will be able to leverage Duet AI to learn how to use Weights & Biases’ products and implement API calls into their ML projects.
These enhancements will be available at no additional cost to Duet AI for Developers users as they launch throughout 2024. And, starting today through January 12, 2024, customers can use Duet AI for Developers at no cost. Simply go to the Duet AI for Developers web page and follow the instructions.
Customers can also work with our ecosystem of professional services partners, who play a critical role in helping businesses implement gen AI, including Accenture, Capgemini, Cognizant, Deloitte, HCLTech, Infosys, Kyndryl, ManTech, PwC, Quantiphi, Slalom, TCS, and Wipro. Collectively, these partners have committed to train more than 150,000 experts to help bring Google Cloud gen AI, including Duet AI for Developers, to customers.
To learn more about Duet AI, visit the product page at cloud.google.com/duet-ai.