Announcing a new Cloud Acceleration Program for SAP customers
President, Global Customer Operations, Google Cloud
Many of the world’s largest enterprises run their businesses on SAP and are increasingly looking to the cloud to support their mission-critical workloads. To help more SAP customers simplify their transitions to the cloud, we’re excited today to announce the Cloud Acceleration Program.
Earlier this year, we launched a program called Lighthouse, in partnership with system integrators, to streamline our customers’ SAP journeys to the cloud. The Cloud Acceleration Program is an evolution of Lighthouse. It empowers our customers with solutions from Google Cloud and our partners to simplify their cloud migrations—whether it’s shifting SAP workloads from on-premises to Google Cloud, or extending SAP solutions with Google Cloud or other leading third-party technologies.
Customers who participate in our Cloud Acceleration Program will gain new architecture templates, accelerators, and SAP-focused support, in addition to partner-led assessment services, prototyping, and centers of excellence dedicated to SAP on GCP. Finally, a number of technology providers and ISVs are also participating in the program, assisting with code remediation, near-zero-downtime migrations, and other services.
Today’s launch of the Cloud Acceleration Program includes support from global services partners such as Accenture, Atos, Deloitte, and HCL, which have created Google Cloud-specific business units to help customers migrate key workloads and applications to Google Cloud. These partners, along with Capgemini, DXC Technologies, Hitachi oXya, IBM Global Business Services, Infosys, NTT, TCS, and Wipro, will create SAP Centers of Excellence for Google Cloud and will provide new solutions designed to simplify SAP cloud migrations.
These solutions include:
- Accenture has created a solution that allows customers to migrate older data into cost-efficient data stores like BigQuery, simultaneously reducing both their SAP HANA footprint and related infrastructure costs. The company is also creating several ML-based applications that will augment SAP on Google Cloud deployments.
- Atos has created a “Quick Cloud Start” program that allows them to move a customer’s SAP environment to Google Cloud in less than four weeks. The program also includes several Google Cloud-based ML offerings to accelerate automation and innovation, and SAP connectors for seamless integration of SAP data into Big Query.
- Deloitte’s Google Cloud business unit has launched “Reimagine Everything… Anywhere,” a portfolio of SAP end-to-end cloud services enabled by Google Cloud. It includes industry-based leading practices available on Google Cloud to accelerate SAP S/4 transformation, and a ready-to-deploy SAP-specific API library on Apigee for SAP-to-anywhere integration. As part of this Google Cloud portfolio, Deloitte expanded its Reimagine Platform to embrace TensorFlow and BigQuery to provide intelligent applications powered by Google Cloud machine learning and advanced data insight capabilities.
- NTT has created a Manufacturing/Automotive/Automotive Supply Industry Template, as well as a Life Sciences Platform-as-a-Service Offering that will be deployed on Google Cloud.
- Wipro has developed an SAP workload migration framework called “Safe Passage to GCP” that provides a low-risk, accelerated, minimally disruptive way to migrate to Google Cloud. This framework helps customers with automated discovery, assessment, migration, and maintenance of SAP landscapes on Google Cloud.
Our technology provider partners are participating in the Cloud Acceleration Program as well, including Datavard, Gekkobrain, SNP Group, SpringML, and others. Their customer offerings for SAP migrations to Google Cloud include:
- SNP’s CrystalBridge platform allows SAP customers to select which data, workloads, and applications to migrate to the cloud with near-zero downtime. SNP’s capabilities to select both data for migrations and processes for transformation offer its customers an alternative to greenfield or brownfield S/4HANA migration options.
- Gekkobrain provides industry-leading code remediation capabilities, a critical part of SAP migrations, that automatically clean up more than 90% of custom code.
- Datavard has created solutions to help move data from SAP to BigQuery, for ML/AI, reporting, and SAP data archiving and decommissioning purposes.
- SpringML specializes in building smart workflows for SAP users using Google Cloud, including unique offerings on document processing, sales forecasting, and preventive maintenance to help SAP users quickly innovate on Google Cloud.
By combining Google Cloud technologies with services and offerings from our partners, customers will benefit from greater innovation, operational efficiency, and risk mitigation along their cloud journey. The Cloud Acceleration Program for SAP is a simple and powerful way to reduce the complexities of migrating SAP to the cloud, as well as upgrading to SAP S/4HANA.
To learn more about the Cloud Acceleration Program for SAP customers please contact us. To find out more about Google Cloud solutions for SAP customers, visit our website.
SAP on Google Cloud: 2 analyst studies reveal quantifiable business benefits and ROI
From uptime and infrastructure to efficiency and productivity—both Forrester and IDC identified major benefits to companies that have made the move to Google Cloud.
By Snehanshu Shah • 3-minute read