How to choose a hybrid connectivity solution
You can choose among three Google Cloud Platform hybrid connectivity solutions that provide network connectivity between your peer location and GCP:
- Cloud VPN
- Cloud Interconnect – Dedicated
- Cloud Interconnect – Partner
To compare Cloud VPN to the other two hybrid solutions, see How to choose an Interconnect type.
Supported VPN scenarios
Cloud VPN only supports site-to-site IPsec VPN connectivity, subject to certain requirements. It does not support client-to-gateway (road warrior) scenarios. In other words, Cloud VPN doesn't support use cases where client computers need to "dial in" to a VPN using client VPN software.
Cloud VPN only supports IPsec. Other VPN technologies (such as SSL VPN) are not supported.
More VPN concepts
For additional information on Cloud VPN concepts, use the navigation arrows at the bottom of the page to move to the next concept or use the following links:
- Learn about the basic concepts of Cloud VPN
- Choose a VPC network type and routing option
- Learn about MTU considerations
- Learn about best practices for Cloud VPN