APIs and reference
This page describes individual commands that can be used with Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) networks.
For contextual "how-to" information about using these commands, see the VPC networking How-to guides.
The networking APIs and
gcloud commands are part of
gcloud CLI and API references
Use the following resources and their methods when working with VPC networks.
- Address: Use to create internal and external IP address
resources, assign those address resources to Google Cloud resources, and modify
- Firewall rules: Use to create and modify firewall rules
in your Google Cloud VPC network. Firewall rules enable you to allow or deny traffic
to or from virtual machine (VM) instances based on IP addresses, protocol, and ports.
- Forwarding rules: Use to create and modify forwarding rules in your VPC
network. Forwarding rules tell the network where to send matching packets
that enter or pass through the network.
- Networks: Use to create, modify, and peer VPC networks.
- Routes: Use to create and modify VPC network static routes. Static
routes are manually configured instructions to the VPC network, telling
it how to forward traffic that's leaving VM instances.
- Shared VPC: Use to share a VPC network with other projects and control that sharing. In the API, modify these settings by using the
- Subnets: Use to create, modify, and delete subnets in a VPC network.
- Serverless VPC Access: Use to create, modify, and delete
Serverless VPC Access connectors.