Public IP addresses let you connect from the internet to your workload virtual machine (VM), an appliance, or a load balancer running in your private cloud. For example, if you run a web server on your workload VM, you can serve web traffic using the public IP address through the internet.
Allocate a public IP address
To allocate a public IP address, do the following:
- Access the Google Cloud VMware Engine portal
- Go to Network > Public IPs.
- Click Allocate.
- Enter a name for the IP address entry.
- Select the Location where you want to serve the allocated public IP.
- Enter the local IP address for which you want to assign a public IP address.
- Click Submit to begin the task of allocating the public IP address.
You can check the status of the task on the Activity > Tasks page. When allocation is complete, the new entry appears on the Public IPs page with the Operational status.