This document contains current content limits and quotas for the Vision API. This page will be updated to reflect any changes to these restrictions and usage limits.
There are 3 kinds of quota:
- Request Quota
- The quota counts per request sent to Vision API endpoint.
- Feature Quota
- The quota counts per image / file sent to Vision API endpoint.
- Unless specified explicitly, quota with feature name as prefix is generally a Feature quota.
- In Processing Quota
- The quota counts per image / file being processed by Vision API unless specified explicitly.
- Can be inferred by "in processing" in quota name.
- This quota determines the maximum number of images/pages that Vision API processes at a time for the asynchronous methods. Users can send more than this quota into the asynchronous methods, but the images/pages over the quota are not processed immediately. The files in excess of the quota are added to a queue to be processed later.
The current API usage quotas for the Vision API are as follows (and are subject to change):
|Vision API quota||Quota type||Value|
|Requests per minute (except request types listed below)||Request quota||1,800|
|Celebrity recognition requests per minute||Request quota||zero|
|Label detection requests per minute||Feature quota||1,800|
|Text detection requests per minute||Feature quota||1,800|
|Asynchronous image annotation* number of images in processing||In Processing quota||8,000|
|Asynchronous document text detection† number of pages in processing||In Processing quota||10,000|
|Product Search quota||Value|
|Requests per minute (except request types listed below)||1,800|
|Batch requests per day||300|
|Resource management write requests per minute||1,200|
|Resource management requests per minute||2,400|
These limits apply to each Google Cloud Console project and are shared across all applications and IP addresses using that project.
Lower quotas can be set per user in the Google Cloud Console.
You can edit your quotas up to their maximum values by selecting EDIT QUOTAS from the Quotas page of the Google Cloud Console page. To request an increase above the maximum quota, edit your quota with your requested increase and justification and submit your update. You will be notified when your request has been received. You might be contacted for more information regarding your request. After your request has been reviewed, you will be notified whether it has been approved or denied.
Generally each quota has "per project per user" and "per project" variants, please change them correspondingly to your setup.
When requesting feature a quota increase, consider the overall request quota and intended batch size to assure the following:
- overall request quota (Requests per minute) * your batch size >= increased feature quota
If you do not fulfill this requirement, you will still be throttled by the overall request quota.
This document contains current content limits and request quotas for the Vision API. This page will be updated to reflect any changes to these restrictions and usage limits.
The Vision API enforces the following usage limits:
|Image file size||20 MB|
|JSON request object size||10 MB|
|Images per request||16|
Base64-encoded images may exceed the JSON size limit, even if they are within the image file size limit. Larger images should be hosted on Cloud Storage or at a publicly-accessible URL. Note that base64-encoded images can have a larger file size than the original image file (usually about 37% larger).