Perform a factory reset on Transfer Appliance by using either the Transfer Appliance web interface or the Transfer Appliance console. Perform a factory reset if you have inadvertently captured the wrong data, or if you forget your encryption credentials (without the correct credentials, the data can't be rehydrated into Cloud Storage).
A factory reset deletes all data captured on Transfer Appliance, all job information, and all configuration options except for the capture account credentials and the network configuration. Once the reset is complete, you are redirected to the login screen. After logging in, you are prompted to provide a new set of encryption credentials.
Perform a factory reset by using the Transfer Appliance web interface
- On a workstation, connect to the Transfer Appliance web interface.
- Choose the settings icon in the upper right hand corner of the page and then choose Factory Reset.
- Enter the capture account credentials when you are prompted.
- Choose OK.
Perform a factory reset by using the Transfer Appliance console
- Use the monitor attached to the Transfer Appliance to access the Transfer Appliance console.
- Log in with the capture user account and password provided to you by Google.
- Choose Factory Reset from the Transfer Appliance main menu and press Enter.
- Type the capture account credentials.
- Choose OK.