Before you receive Google Transfer Appliance at your site, you must first prepare your facility and ensure your environment meets specific requirements.
Review and complete the tasks in this checklist to prepare for receiving and using Transfer Appliance.
- Confirm that your facility has adequate space to store and move Transfer Appliance crate and/or ruggedized case. See Preparing to receive Transfer Appliance and Specifications.
- Ensure that your facility meets Transfer Appliance power and cooling specifications.
- If you plan to use a workstation to capture your data, make sure that your workstation is running either a Microsoft Windows or Linux operating system.
- Ensure that your environment supports Google Chrome browser.
- Identify the servers and directories or folders that contain the data you want to capture.
- Choose your data capture method.
- Confirm that you have the correct permissions to access the data you want to capture.
- Consider consolidating your data.
- Review all of the files in the directories you want to capture to ensure they meet Transfer Appliance criteria.
- Prepare the network, which includes confirming that your environment meets Transfer Appliance firewall port requirements.
- Test network connectivity to make sure that Transfer Appliance can connect to and move data from computers on your network.
Once you have reviewed this checklist, prepare to receive Transfer Appliance.