Before you can use Cloud TPU resources to train models you must have a Google Cloud (GCP) account and have a project set up for that purpose.
- Set up a Google Cloud (GCP) account.
- Set up a Cloud TPU project.
- Enable billing for your Cloud TPU project.
Creating a GCP account and a Cloud TPU project
You can set up a GCP account by creating a Cloud TPU project:
Go to the Cloud Console and create a project.
While setting up your project, you will be asked to set up a billing account. You will only be charged after you start using Google Cloud resources. To learn more about billing, read the Cloud Billing documentation.
Once you've set up your project and billing account, you can set up and initilizing storage, Compute Engine VM, and Cloud TPU resources needed for Cloud TPU training and evaluation.
Each project is allocated a default amount of quota for Cloud TPU resources. The quota allocated for your Google Cloud project is displayed on the Google Cloud Console. Refer to the quota documentation for more details on Cloud TPU quota or to request additional quota.
- Learn about using storage buckets.
- Learn about service accounts and granting storage buckets access to TPU service accounts.
- Learn how to create Compute Engine VM and Cloud TPU resources.