Google Cloud Platform partners have integrated Cloud Storage with industry-leading products for disaster recovery, backup & archiving and hybrid cloud solutions. Integrations are done with open APIs consistent across all Cloud Storage classes.
- Google Cloud Storage is designed for 99.999999999% annual durability. It stores data redundantly, with automatic checksums to ensure data integrity. With Multi-Regional storage, your data is maintained in geographically distinct locations.
- All storage classes offer very high availability. Your data is accessible when you need it. Multi-Regional offers 99.95% and Regional storage offers 99.9% monthly availability in their Service Level Agreement. Nearline and Coldline storage offer 99% monthly availability.
- Google Cloud Storage is practically infinitely scalable. Whether you're supporting a small application or building a large exabyte-scale system, Cloud Storage can handle it.
- When a write succeeds, the latest copy of the object is guaranteed to be returned to any GET, globally. This applies to PUTs of new or overwritten objects and DELETEs.
“Spotify uses Google Cloud Storage for storing and serving music. Using Regional storage allowed us to run audio transcoding in Google Compute Engine close to production storage. Google also offers great networking with open and explicit peering setup, as well as interconnect partnerships with all of our CDN providers.”— Jyrki Pulliainen Software Engineer, Spotify
- Serve rich content
- The Multi-Regional Storage class gives you the availability and throughput you need to handle streaming audio or video directly to your users apps or websites.
- Analyze existing data
- Use Google Cloud Platform to run custom data analytics pipelines. Maintain your data in Cloud Storage and run your analytics with Compute Engine.
- Archive cold data
- Cloud Storage Nearline provides cheap and easily accessible data archiving. Your archived data is immediately accessible whenever you need access to it. Alternatively, you can use a Nearline partner for backing-up and archiving your data.
- Build your Mobile Apps
- Use the Firebase SDKs for Cloud Storage to securely upload and download content directly from mobile apps and websites.
- Host your Website
- Make your data work for you
- With your data stored in Cloud Storage, you can easily run powerful tools such as Cloud Machine Learning or BigQuery on top of it.
- Upload your data
- Cloud Storage provides many ways to bring your data to the cloud. Drag-n-drop your data with the Google Cloud Platform Console, use the gsutil command-line tool, or interface with the JSON API in your preferred language.
Cloud Storage Always Free Usage Limits
Use Cloud Storage with our new Always Free usage limits, part of the GCP Free Tier. Now you can prototype and develop without incurring any fees.
|Resource||Monthly Free Usage Limits|
|Regional Storage||5 GB|
|Class A Operations||5,000|
|Class B Operations||50,000|
|Network Egress||1 GB from North America to each GCP egress destination (Australia and China excluded)|
Cloud Storage Always Free usage limits apply to usage in us-west1, us-central1, and us-east1 regions. Usage is aggregated across these 3 regions. If you go over the usage limits you will be charged according to the standard price sheet. Always Free is subject to change. Please see our FAQ for eligibility requirements and other restrictions.