This page describes the replication options offered by Cloud SQL.
Cloud SQL provides the ability to replicate a primary instance to one or more read replicas. A read replica is a copy of the primary that reflects changes to the primary instance in almost real time.
To reduce load on the primary instance, send queries to the read replica instance instead. Connect to the replica directly using its connection name and IP address.Cloud SQL supports the following read replication scenarios:
|Name||Primary||Replica||Benefits and use cases||More information|
|Read replica||Cloud SQL instance||Cloud SQL instance||
|Cross-region read replica||Cloud SQL instance||Cloud SQL instance||
|External read replica||Cloud SQL instance||MySQL instance external to Cloud SQL||
|Replication from an external server||MySQL instance external to Cloud SQL||Cloud SQL for MySQL instance||
- Learn how to create a read replica.
- Learn how to configure an external replica configuration.
- Learn how to replicate your data from an external server.
- Learn how to configure an external server configuration.
- Learn about requirements and best practices for replication.
- Learn about replication in MySQL.
- Learn how to configure an instance for high availability.