Instance pricing for MySQL is charged for every second that the instance is running
(the activation policy is set to
ALWAYS). Cloud SQL uses seconds as the time
unit multiplier for usage. This means that each second of usage counts toward a full billable
minute. Milliseconds of usage are rounded to the nearest second. If usage is under half a second,
(499ms or less), it rounds down to zero and does not count toward billable usage.
- If you use an instance for 499ms, you are not billed for that second.
- If you use an instance for 500ms or 1.49 seconds, in both cases, you are billed for 1 second.
- If you use an instance for 1.5 seconds or 2.49 seconds, in both cases you are billed for 2 seconds.
The charge for usage also changes depending on the machine type you choose for the instance, and the region where the instance is located. Zones have no impact on the price.
In the following table:
- Select your region from the dropdown menu to see the price for that region
- Use the slider to choose Monthly or Hourly pricing
- Find the machine type you want to use to view pricing details
Read replicas and failover replicas are charged at the same rate as stand-alone instances.
*Shared CPU machine types (db-f1-micro and db-g1-small) are not covered by the Cloud SQL SLA.
Storage and Networking Pricing
Storage and networking prices for MySQL instances depend on the region where the instance is located. Select your region from the dropdown on the pricing table.
Network Egress Pricing
When network traffic leaves a Cloud SQL instance, the charge applied depends on the destination of the traffic, and in some cases, whether a partner is involved.
Internet egress is network traffic leaving a Cloud SQL instance to a client that is not a Google product, such as using a local server to read data from Cloud SQL.
|Compute Engine instances and Cloud SQL cross-region replicas||Within the same region: free
Between regions within North America: $0.12/GB
Between regions outside of North America: $0.12/GB
|Google Products (except Compute Engine and traffic to Cloud SQL cross-region replicas)||
|Internet egress using Cloud Interconnect||$0.05/GB|
|Internet egress (not using Cloud Interconnect)||$0.19/GB|
MySQL pricing examples
You can use the Google Cloud Pricing Calculator to get pricing estimates for your Cloud SQL instances. Here are a few example calculations:
|Use case||Configuration details||Monthly cost||Pricing Calculator|
|Test instance, stopped when not in use||
|High-performance production database||
- Refer to the Pricing Overview documentation.
- Try the Pricing Calculator.
- Learn more about instance settings.
- Learn more about the high availability configuration.