This page provides links to articles, videos, and podcasts related to Cloud Spanner.
Announcement for managed backup-restore, emulator, foreign keys, query optimizer versioning, and the general availability of the C++ client library.
Announcement for enhanced Cloud Spanner SLA support, new monitoring, and CSV support capabilities.
Announcement of query statistics, eight new regional configurations, and two new multi-region configurations.
Announcement of Data Manipulation Language (DML) for Cloud Spanner.
Announcement of general availability of import/export, preview of DML, and preview of introspection improvements.
Announcement of import and export using Avro and Dataflow.
Announcement of Cloud Spanner as a storage backend for HashiCorp Vault.
Announcement of the general availability of Cloud Spanner multi-region configurations.
Announcement of the public launch of Cloud Spanner.
- Spanning the database world with Google, an interview with Andrew Fikes, Google Engineering Fellow
- Spanning the Range of Database Requirements in the Cloud
- A collection of Cloud Spanner stories in the Google Cloud - Community Medium publication.
Cloud Spanner Ecosystem
- Visit Cloud Spanner Ecosystem to learn about the collection of open source projects owned-by and developed-for the Cloud Spanner user community.
- Software Engineering Daily Podcast - Google Spanner with Deepti Srivastava
- The ARCHITECHT Show Ep.44 - Google's Deepti Srivastava on multi-region Spanner and case for cloud databases
- Google Cloud Platform Podcast Ep.62 - Cloud Spanner with Deepti Srivastava
To watch a video, click a hyperlinked title or the icon next to a title.
Cloud Spanner overview
Choosing a database to ease development
Choosing a database with strong consistency
What differentiates Cloud Spanner
Multi-region capabilities of Cloud Spanner provide industry-leading availability
Articles and case studies
- How Square uses Cloud Spanner for its critical accounting database
- Architecting live NCAA predictions: from archives to insights
- Behind the scenes with the Dragon Ball Legends GCP backend
- Blockchain.com, scaling and saving with Cloud Spanner
- COLOPL: Getting started with PHP and Cloud Spanner
- COLOPL releases an open source Cloud Spanner driver for the Laravel framework
- How Cloud Storage offers strongly consistent object listing thanks to Spanner
- How Recruit used Cloud Spanner to build our email personalization system, from "Soup" to nuts
- How Shine built a brand new bank on Google Cloud and Cloud Spanner
- How Streak built a graph database on Cloud Spanner to wrangle billions of emails
- Optiva: Transforming the telecommunications industry
- Quizlet tests Cloud Spanner - the most sophisticated cloud database
Bringing retail trading to 34 million cryptocurrency wallets
Cloud Spanner & GFT
Lessons learned at Niantic: how to move live systems to a new database platform
Nest cam services migration to Google Cloud
nexuzhealth: See what's new with Cloud Spanner
- AfterShip: Turning to Google Cloud to support continued steep growth
- L.L. Bean: Modernizing the IT architecture
- Marketo: Multi-Region support in Cloud Spanner
- Mixpanel: Scalable, high-performance product analytics
- Maxwell MRI: Revolutionizing healthcare delivery with AI on GCP
- MWM: Using Google Cloud to coordinate its growth worldwide
- Picmonkey: Giving customers more value with Google Cloud
- Route4Me: Increasing customer success with fast, reliable vehicle routing
- Whisper: Building the media company of the future
- Build your own event-sourced system using Cloud Spanner
- From NoSQL to new SQL: How Spanner became a global, mission-critical database
- Inside Cloud Spanner and the CAP Theorem
- Sharding of timestamp-ordered data in Cloud Spanner
- What DBAs need to know about Cloud Spanner, part 1: keys and indexes
- Why you should pick strong consistency, whenever possible