This page documents product updates to NetApp Cloud Volumes Service for Google Cloud. Check this page for announcements about new and changed features and related product information.
- Feature: The CVS service type is generally available. See Regional availability for Cloud Volumes Service.
- Feature: The CVS-Performance service type provides encryption in transit with NFSv4.1 Kerberos protection and SMB encryption.
- Feature: The CVS-Performance service type is available in an additional
asia-southeast1(Singapore). See Regional availability for Cloud Volumes Service.
Feature: Introduces a new Cloud Volumes service type. Cloud Volumes Service provides two service types: CVS and CVS-Performance. The new general-purpose CVS service type is intended for standard workloads, such as file and application shares, secondary storage, and moderate application workloads that need up to 100 MiB/s of performance. The CVS-Performance service type name refers to the service that was previously available as Cloud Volumes Service before the introduction of separate service types.
Feature: The CVS service type is available in the following regions:
southamerica-east1(São Paulo, Brazil). The CVS-Performance service type is available in the
northamerica-northeast1(Montreal) regions. See Regional availability for Cloud Volumes Service.
Feature: Volumes that use the CVS service type can be backed up to Google Cloud Storage using the API for long-term protection and disaster recovery. See Backing up and restoring a cloud volume.
Feature: Volumes that use the CVS-Performance service type can use NFSv4.1 ACLs. See Creating and managing NFS volumes.
- Feature: CVS-Performance is certified to run as the storage platform for SAP HANA workloads in Google Cloud. For details about supported SAP HANA configurations, see the SAP certifications page.
- Feature: Terraform provider support is available for automated Cloud Volumes Service infrastructure deployments. For more information, see Managing cloud volumes using Terraform.
- Feature: Cloud Volumes Service is available in the
australia-southeast1(Sydney, Australia) region. See Regional availability for Cloud Volumes Service.
Feature: Cloud Volumes Service supports the NFSv4.1 protocol during volume creation. NFSv4.1 offers better performance, built-in locking, and composite remote procedure calls (RPCs) for applications requiring these additional capabilities. See Creating and managing NFS volumes.
Feature: Cloud Volumes Service supports SMBv3 multichannel to achieve higher performance for Windows applications. See best practices when deploying SMB volumes with SMBv3 multichannel.
Feature: Cloud Volumes Service is generally available in Google Cloud, as announced at Google NEXT '19 UK.
Feature: Cloud Volumes Service is generally available in the following regions:
europe-west2(London). See Regional availability for Cloud Volumes Service.