- End-to-end security
- Enable end-to-end security using certificate-based authentication and TLS 1.2; devices running Android Things or supporting the Cloud IoT Core security requirements can deliver full-stack security
- Integrated services
- Seamlessly move IoT data across Google Cloud services. Ingest data with Cloud IoT Core, distribute data with Cloud Pub/Sub apply data transformations with Cloud Dataflow and store data in Cloud Storage, Cloud Bigtable or Cloud Spanner
- Business process optimization
- Improve operational efficiency by making real-time changes to the device state, by integrating Cloud IoT Core with Cloud Functions workflows
- Partner ecosystem
- Get out-of-box support for devices from hardware partners like Intel and Microchip
- Single global system
- Connect all devices to Google Cloud over standard protocols, such as MQTT, through the protocol bridge, and manage all your devices as a single global system
- Advanced data analytics
- Perform ad hoc analysis using Google BigQuery, visualize data using Cloud Data Studio, and derive intelligence using Cloud Machine Learning
- Fully managed infrastructure
- Scale instantly without limits to connect to your millions of global devices using horizontal scaling on Google Cloud’s serverless platform infrastructure
Manage and monitor globally dispersed devices as a single system in real time to improve operational efficiency. Do maintenance proactively (and in some cases, automatically), and reduce repair costs by capturing real-time device status prior to deploying staff and resources.
Collect and understand consumer usage patterns based on time, date, and location in order to more efficiently balance and optimize load. Schedule equipment and firmware upgrades or proactive maintenance in ways that minimize impact on operations.
Get the data you need to intelligently manage transportation and logistics networks to ensure that vehicles and vessels are in the right place at the right time. Collect and store telemetry that can help you rethink how vehicles are maintained.
Oil and Gas
Perform predictive maintenance of resources and machinery on production sites. Understand how components interact in order to design more efficient and durable systems.
“ We have been able to connect our large fleet of factory machines to Google Cloud and quickly build a smart factory platform that provides a realtime view of our machine utilization and production efficiency. ”— Willem Sundblad CEO & Co-Founder, Oden Technologies