- gcloud alpha compute vpn-gateways create - create a new Google Compute Engine Highly Available VPN gateway
gcloud alpha compute vpn-gateways createcreates a new Highly Available VPN gateway.
Highly Available VPN Gateway provides a means to create a VPN solution with a higher availability SLA compared to Classic Target VPN Gateway. Highly Available VPN gateways are simply referred to as VPN gateways in the API documentation and gcloud commands. A VPN Gateway can reference one or more VPN tunnels that connect it to external VPN gateways or Cloud VPN Gateways.
- POSITIONAL ARGUMENTS
- Name of the VPN Gateway to create.
- REQUIRED FLAGS
- A reference to a network to which the VPN gateway is attached.
- OPTIONAL FLAGS
- An optional, textual description for the VPN Gateway.
Region of the VPN Gateway to create. If not specified, you may be prompted to
select a region.
To avoid prompting when this flag is omitted, you can set the
$ gcloud config set compute/region REGION
A list of regions can be fetched by running:
To unset the property, run:
$ gcloud config unset compute/region
Alternatively, the region can be stored in the environment variable
- GCLOUD WIDE FLAGS
These flags are available to all commands: --account, --billing-project, --configuration, --flags-file, --flatten, --format, --help, --impersonate-service-account,
--log-http, --project, --quiet, --trace-token, --user-output-enabled,
$ gcloud helpfor details.
To create a VPN gateway, run:
$ gcloud alpha compute vpn-gateways create my-vpn-gateway \ --region=us-central1 --network=default
- This command is currently in ALPHA and may change without notice. If this command fails with API permission errors despite specifying the right project, you may be trying to access an API with an invitation-only early access whitelist. These variants are also available:
Except as otherwise noted, the content of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License, and code samples are licensed under the Apache 2.0 License. For details, see the Google Developers Site Policies. Java is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Last updated 2020-02-04.