The above beta advisory applies to using this feature with Cloud Run for Anthos on Google Cloud.
Cloud Monitoring provides Cloud Run performance monitoring, metrics, and uptime checks, along with alerts to send notifications when certain metric thresholds are exceeded. Google Cloud's operations suite pricing applies, which means there is no charge for metrics on the fully managed version of Cloud Run. Note that you can also use Cloud Monitoring custom metrics.
Cloud Run is automatically integrated with Cloud Monitoring with no setup or configuration required. This means that metrics of your Cloud Run services are captured automatically when they are running.
You can view metrics either in Cloud Monitoring or in the Cloud Run page in the console. Cloud Monitoring provides more charting and filtering options.
The resource type differs for Cloud Run (fully managed) and Cloud Run for Anthos on Google Cloud:
For Cloud Run (fully managed) the monitoring resource name is "Cloud Run Revision" (
For Cloud Run for Anthos the monitoring resource name is "Cloud Run on GKE Revision" (
Viewing metrics in Cloud Run
To view metrics in Cloud Run:
Locate the service in the services list, and click on it.
Click the Metrics tab to show the metrics for that revision.
Viewing metrics in Cloud Monitoring
To view the metrics for a monitored resource using Metrics Explorer, do the following:
- In the Google Cloud Console navigation pane, select Monitoring:
Go to Google Cloud Console
If this is the first access of Cloud Monitoring for this Google Cloud project, then Cloud Monitoring creates a Workspace. Typically, this process is automatic and completes within a few minutes. If prompted to either select a Workspace or to create a Workspace, select create.
- In the Monitoring navigation pane, click Metrics Explorer.
- Ensure Metric is the selected tab.
- Click in the box labeled
Find resource type and metric, and then select from the menu or
enter the name for the resource and metric. Use the following information to complete the
fields for this text box:
- For the Resource, select the resource type that corresponds to your platform you are using, as documented above.
- For the Metric, select one of the metrics in menu. For a full description of the available metrics, see:
- Use the Filter, Group By, and Aggregator menus to modify how the data is displayed. For example, you can group by resource or metric labels. For more information, see Selecting metrics.
Adding Uptime checks
You can use Cloud Monitoring to keep track of your services' performance. For more information, see Verify availability of your service(uptime checks).
You can use Cloud Monitoring to send notification about certain
events, such as uptime check failures. For more information, see
Create and manage alerting policies for your service.