Last modified: October 9, 2020 | Previous Versions
During the Term of the agreement under which Google has agreed to provide Google Cloud Platform to Customer (as applicable, the "Agreement"), the Covered Service will provide a Monthly Uptime Percentage to Customer as follows (the "Service Level Objective" or "SLO"):
|Covered Service||Monthly Uptime Percentage|
If Google does not meet the SLO, and if Customer meets its obligations under this SLA, Customer will be eligible to receive the Financial Credits described below. This SLA states Customer's sole and exclusive remedy for any failure by Google to meet the SLO. Capitalized terms used in this SLA, but not defined in this SLA, have the meaning set forth in the Agreement. If the Agreement authorizes the resale or supply of Google Cloud Platform under a Google Cloud partner or reseller program, then all references to Customer in this SLA mean Partner or Reseller (as applicable), and any Financial Credit(s) will only apply for impacted Partner or Reseller order(s) under the Agreement.
The following definitions apply to the SLA:
- "Covered Service" means the Pub/Sub Service or Pub/Sub Lite Service, as applicable.
- "Downtime" means no valid request to publish a message succeeds and no valid request to establish a streaming publish connection succeeds.
- "Downtime Period" means a period of 60 or more consecutive seconds of Downtime. Intermittent Downtime for a period of less than 60 consecutive seconds will not be counted towards any Downtime Periods.
- "Financial Credit" means the following for the Pub/Sub Service:
Monthly Uptime Percentage Percentage of monthly bill for the Covered Service that does not meet SLO that will be credited to Customer's future monthly bills 99% to <99.95% 10% 95% to <99% 25% <95% 50%
- "Financial Credit" means the following for the Pub/Sub Lite
Monthly Uptime Percentage Percentage of monthly bill for the Covered Service that does not meet SLO that will be credited to Customer's future monthly bills 99% to <99.5% 10% 95% to <99% 25% <95% 50%
- "Monthly Uptime Percentage" means total number of minutes in a month, minus the number of minutes of Downtime suffered from all Downtime Periods in a month, divided by the total number of minutes in a month.
Customer Must Request Financial Credit
In order to receive any of the Financial Credits described above, Customer must notify Google technical support within 30 days from the time Customer becomes eligible to receive a Financial Credit. If Customer does not comply with these requirements, Customer will forfeit its right to receive a Financial Credit.
Maximum Financial Credit
The maximum aggregate number of Financial Credits issued by Google to Customer for all Downtime Periods in a single billing month will not exceed 50% of the amount due from Customer for the applicable Covered Service for the applicable month. Financial Credits will be in the form of a monetary credit applied to future use of the Covered Service and will be applied within 60 days after the Financial Credit was requested.
The SLA does not apply to any (a) features or services designated pre-general availability (unless otherwise set forth in the associated Documentation), (b) features or services excluded from the SLA (in the associated Documentation), or (c) errors (i) caused by factors outside of Google's reasonable control; (ii) that resulted from Customer's software or hardware or third party software or hardware, or both; (iii) that resulted from abuses or other behaviors that violate the Agreement; or (iv) that resulted from quotas applied by the system or listed in the Admin Console.