To start the Profiler interface, select Profiler in the navigation panel of the Google Cloud Console or click the following button:
The following screenshot illustrates the Cloud Profiler interface:
The majority of the interface displays the profile data in the form of a flame graph. For more information about flame graphs and working with frames, see Interacting with the flame graph.
The interface includes menus for selecting which profiles are used to construct the displayed flame graph. For more information, see Selecting the profiles to be analyzed.
Lastly, the interface includes buttons that let you modify how you view your selected profiles:
- list List: Click this button to view a list of functions and their metric consumption. For more information, see Using the focus list.
- filter_list Filter: Click this button to add a filter. Filters are used to control how the selected profiles are visualized. For example, you can add a filter to hide particular frames. For more information, see Filtering the flame graph.
- get_app Download: Click this button to download the displayed profile to your local system. For more information, see Downloading profile data.
- Documentation: Click to view the Cloud Profiler documentation.
- For information on how profiles are selected for analysis, see Selecting the profiles to be analyzed.
- For information on running the Cloud Profiler agent, see: