When creating Private Catalog solutions for users in your organization, you can create a link-based solution, which is a reference link to a solution that your users download and launch. After you create the solution, you can share it with your users by assigning it to catalogs.
Before you begin
- You must have Private Catalog enabled for your Google Cloud organization.
- You must have the Catalog Admin
roles/cloudprivatecatalogproducer.admin) OR Catalog Manager (
roles/cloudprivatecatalogproducer.manager) role for the Google Cloud project where Private Catalog is enabled. If you don't have either role, contact your Organization Administrator to request access.
Creating the solution in Private Catalog
To create a link-based solution in Private Catalog:
- Go to the Private Catalog Admin Solutions page in the Cloud Console.
Go to the Solutions page
- Click Select to choose the Google Cloud project.
- Click CREATE SOLUTION. In the drop-down list, select Create a Link solution.
- Enter a name, URL, description, and tagline for your solution. The tagline is a short description of a solution that users see as they browse Private Catalog.
- Optionally, upload an icon for the solution.
- Optionally, add a link for getting support.
- Optionally, add a link to documentation for the solution.
- Click CREATE.
The following screenshot illustrates creating a link-based solution:
- Assign the solution to a catalog, so that users in your organization can access and launch the solution.