The method for uninstalling Velostrata depends on how you were using it. If you were migrating from another cloud into GCP, see Uninstalling Velostrata (cloud-to-cloud migrations). If you were migrating from on-premises to GCP, see Uninstalling Velostrata from on-prem).
Uninstalling Velostrata (cloud-to-cloud migrations)
To uninstall Velostrata using the Velostrata Web Manager:
- Login to and click Target Cloud.
- Select the applicable Cloud Extension and click Delete. If there are any remaining workloads managed by Velostrata on this cloud extension, the operation aborts and you have a choice about how to proceed. You can either detach and clean-up, or move the workloads back to the source cloud using Wave management. Repeat the cloud extension deletion operation.
- Repeat the previous step for all Cloud Extensions.
- Delete the Velostrata Manager instance using the GCP console.
Uninstalling Velostrata from on-premises
To uninstall Velostrata from on-premises:
- Verify that there are no workloads in the environment that are managed by Velostrata. The Velostrata plug-in adds columns to the Virtual Machines vCenter view in which you can filter virtual machines and identify them by their Velostrata attributes.
- Move any workloads that are managed by Velostrata back to on-premises. For instructions, see Move a VM Back On-Premises.
- Navigate to the vSphere Virtual Datacenter in which the Cloud Extensions were created.
- View the Virtual Datacenter Summary portlet to check if a Cloud Extension exists.
- Delete any existing Cloud Extension(s). For instructions, see Deleting a Cloud Extension.
- Unregister the Velostrata vCenter Plugin by following the instructions below.
- Delete the Velostrata Backend that was deployed in vCenter (OVF).
Removing Velostrata components from Google Cloud
- Delete any existing Cloud Extension(s). For instructions, see the
Via Velostrata Manager section in
Deleting a Cloud Extension.
If you see the following error, there are still VMs using a Cloud Extension:
Cloud Extension has running virtual machines. VMs: [LIST]
- After all of the Cloud Extensions are deleted, delete the Velostrata Manager Instance from GCP.
- Delete any Google Cloud IAM Service Accounts, Roles, and Permissions that Velostrata was using.
Unregistering the Velostrata vSphere plug-in
- Open the Velostrata Manager.
- Click the System Settings icon.
- Click the vCenter Plugin tab.
- Click the Unregister vCenter Plugin button.
- Confirm your vCenter username and password and click Unregister.