This series of documents is a deep dive into the functions of Velostrata. If you want to get started quickly, see Getting Started with Velostrata.
Before you begin a migration, you must evaluate and set up your source and Google Cloud data centers.
The topics listed below provide conceptual overviews of the migration process. If you have never performed a migration, we recommend that you read these guides in the order listed.
- Velostrata architecture on Google Cloud: Understand the different components of Velostrata.
- Running VMs vs Migrating VMs: Learn the difference between running on-premises VMs on Google Cloud compared to migrating on-premises VMs to Google Cloud.
- Migration Workflows: Learn about the workflow for a typical migration of one or many applications.
- VM Migration Lifecycle: Learn about the phases a VM undergoes during the course of a migration.
- Understanding Storage Policies: Learn about storage policy options and how to change storage policies.
- Cloud Instance Rightsizing: Determine which type of Google Cloud Cloud Instances best suit your needs.
- Network Access Requirements: Understand the firewall and access control rules needed for your migration.
- Customizing Individual VM Migrations: Learn about changing the configurations of migrated VMs to enable them to run on Google Cloud.
For specific procedures related to the topics in this section, see:
- Configuring Google Cloud
- Configuring the Velostrata Manager on Google Cloud
- Overview of on-premises to Google Cloud migration
- Overview of migrating from AWS to Google Cloud
- Organizing migrations with waves