A VM solution is a custom Virtual Machine instance that your users can run on Compute Engine.
This page is an overview of what you need to do to distribute and maintain a VM solution on Google Cloud Marketplace.
For an overview of Compute Engine concepts, see the Compute Engine documentation.
Before you begin
- If you are new to selling software on GCP Marketplace, sign up to become a partner.
- Complete the Project Info form.
- Review and complete the open source compliance requirements.
At a high level, you must do the following:
- Set up your Google Cloud environment.
- Review the pricing options, and select a pricing model. We recommend deciding on a pricing model and submitting it for processing before proceeding with the next steps. Pricing models might take up to two weeks to process. You can continue setting up your VM solution while the pricing model is being processed.
- Build your VM image.
- Create your deployment package.
- Test your solution end-to-end.
- If you want to include support, integrate your support.
- Submit your solution to Google Cloud Marketplace. After you submit your solution, the Partner Engineering team reviews your submission and works with you to resolve any issues before approving it. When the solution is approved, it is launched within a few minutes.
- Maintain and monitor your solution after it has launched.
If you have questions during the onboarding process, contact your Google Cloud Marketplace Partner Engineer. If you don't know who your assigned Partner Engineer is, contact us at email@example.com.