Dataset pages are a quick and easy way to provide datasets for your customers or users of Google Cloud Platform to use.
- Your GCP project name. If you haven't already done so,
create a project.
<partnername>-datasetas your projectID.
- Complete the project info form.
- A logo or icon for the marketplace page, in the PNG format. The background of the logo must be transparent, and not contain any text within it.
Google: Partner Manager
Partner (your organization): Product Manager or Product Marketing Lead
Roles and responsibilities
Google's Partner Manager: Assists partner with signing Google Cloud Platform partnership agreement. Provides guidance on the marketing content. Also approves the content before it goes live. If you do not yet have an assigned Partner Manager, send questions and/or completed requirements to email@example.com.
Partner's Marketing Lead: Responsible for creating content for GCP Marketplace solution page and landing page.
Expected customer experience
Your customer experience should be consistent with the browse/select/deploy buying experience on GCP Marketplace. We want customers to get started with the solution with minimum friction.
Your dataset listing on GCP Marketplace must ensure that users coming to the GCP Marketplace dataset page are able to clearly understand the offering, including service plans, their benefits, and cost, as applicable.
The onboarding process begins after the requirements are met. The steps are as follows.
- You provide a partner description, project ID, and other information to Google.
- A Google Partner Engineer creates your partner entity in the GCP Marketplace system.
- The Google Partner Engineer whitelists the Partner Portal in your project.
- You create a solution, and enter its content in the solution fields. This includes information such as the pricing plans and details, a description of the service being provided, the icon to be shown on the SaaS page, and so on.
- You submit the page for review. Your Google Partner Engineer and Google Partner Manager are automatically notified via email.
- A Google Partner Manager or Google Partner Engineer reviews the content and approves the page. After it has been approved, the dataset page will go live within 10 minutes.
If your solution is rejected, you can update the content with the changes requested by the Google Partner Manager or Google Partner Engineer, and then re-submit the page.
Creating a Dataset Solution
After your project has been whitelisted for Partner Portal, you can create your dataset solution. You should see a button on the top left of the GCP Marketplace page. Click Partner Portal to enter.
In the Partner Portal, click Add Solution.
Add a name for your solution, and in the Solution Type section, select Dataset. Then click Create.
In the Partner Portal, click the solution ID for your new solution.
To add search metadata and keywords for search engine optimization, edit the Solution Metadata.
To add general information about your solution, such as a description and logo, edit the Solution Details. As you modify content on the right, you can see a live preview on the left.
To add information about support that users can get while using your dataset, edit Documentation & Support.
To preview your solution from a user's perspective, click Preview & test solution. To exit the preview, click the Back button on the top-left.
When you are ready to submit your solution, click Submit for review. Your Partner Engineer reviews the listing within three business days, and provides feedback or questions over email.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I update my solution content or solution image?
Answer: Use the Partner Portal. Edit your solution, update the content or solution image, and submit the solution.