The Account page lets you configure some of your Looker user account settings. You can access this page from the user menu:
This topic includes the following sections:
- Changing standard account settings
- Changing your email subscription settings
- Configuring OAuth connection credentials
Changing standard account settings
The top section of the Account page shows your Looker account's settings:
- Profile Picture: If your Looker admin has enabled it, you can use the Gravatar app to select or create an avatar for your account.
- First Name: First name configured on the account.
- Last Name: Last name configured on the account.
- Email: Email address associated with the Looker account (this field is not editable).
- Password: Password associated with the account. Click the Change Password button to set a new password.
- Time Zone: Default time zone to be used for queries for this user.
- Development Mode: The user's Git branch for LookML development. This field defaults to the branch created when the user account was created, but you can select other branches.
- Text Editor Mode: The style of text editor for the LookML IDE. You can choose from Looker's default text editor style, a Vim text editor, or an Emacs text editor.
- Subscription Settings: The types of Looker emails the user will receive, as described in the section below.
Changing your email subscription settings
You can manage your Looker email subscription settings. Choose whether you want to receive product and event announcements, tips and tricks, and other types of information.
You can view and update these settings in Looker's Preference Center. From the Profile section of your Looker Account page, click Manage your email subscription settings to open the preference center.
Follow these steps to update your preferences for Looker email subscriptions:
- In Preferences for, Looker fills in the email address from your account settings. If you would prefer a different email address, contact your Looker admin.
- In Content, select checkboxes for the types of emails you want to receive from Looker.
- If you want to suspend delivery of Looker emails for three months, or if you want to unsubscribe from all Looker emails, select the corresponding checkbox in Settings.
- Once you have selected your desired subscription settings, click Update Preferences.
When you click the Update Preferences button, Looker saves your email subscription preferences and sends you an email confirming your changes. You can return to this page to update your settings anytime by clicking the Manage your email subscription settings link on the Account page.
If you don't have a Looker account, you can sign up for a subset of these email preferences by navigating to the Looker Preference Center, typing your email address, and making your selections.
Configuring OAuth connection credentials
Click Log In to enter your OAuth credentials through an OAuth interface. If you have already logged in, your connections will show other options:
Click Reauthorize to open the OAuth login page, or click Log Out to log your Looker user account out of the OAuth session.
See the Snowflake documentation page for more information on using OAuth for Snowflake connections. See the Google BigQuery documentation page for more information on using OAuth for BigQuery connections.
Configuring integrations with third-party services
Some third-party services integrated with Looker — such as Slack — require users to perform a one-time authentication before use.
The integrations that require your authentication are listed in the Integrations section of your user Account page.
If no integrations that require your authentication are enabled for your Looker instance, you will see a note in the Integrations section:
If your admin has enabled an integration that requires you to authenticate into a third-party service, you will see the name of the service listed under Integrations, along with an indication of what action you need to take:
Once you have successfully authenticated, you will see the name of the service listed in the Integrations section, along with any options to revoke authentication that may exist for that service:
Changing custom user settings
Your Looker admin can set up additional user attributes that help with customizing your experience in Looker. The Additional Details section displays the values of user attributes configured for your Looker account. It shows a list of each of your user attributes followed by its assigned value. If your Looker admin has set any of the user attributes to
hidden, you will not be able to see that value; instead, the value will be indicated by a series of asterisks.
The Custom Value column indicates if the user attribute value is a custom value. A custom value is a value that is assigned to your user account individually, instead of a value that your account inherited from a group. If the Custom Value switch next to a user attribute is turned on, that user attribute has a custom value.
You may be able to edit some user attributes, depending on how your Looker admin has configured your account. To do so, turn on the Custom Value switch next to a user attribute, enter the value you want, and click Save.
After making changes to any of the options on this page, click the Save button to save your changes.