Cloud Logging has introduced a new version of its interface for analyzing logs data, the Logs Explorer. It is more responsive and introduces new features for letting you quickly and efficiently retrieve, view, and analyze logs from your queries.
While the Logs Explorer is being enhanced, the Legacy Logs Viewer will continue to be maintained. You can switch back and forth between the Legacy Logs Viewer and the Logs Explorer when analyzing logs.
Logs Explorer features
The following features are available in the Logs Explorer. In these lists, New indicates that a feature is available only in Logs Explorer.
Visualizing and analyzing logs
- View logs histograms (New)
- Analyze logs using logs histograms (New)
- View logs-based metrics using the Logs Dashboard (New)
- Analyze logs and refine queries with Logs field panel (New)
- Stream logs
- Create sinks in the Logs Explorer and the Logs Router pages
- Download logs
- Pin log entry
- Expand nested fields
- Show log entry in resource context
- Add field to summary line
Building and refining queries
- Use recent queries (New)
- Use suggested queries (New)
- Query logs using regular expressions (New)
- Time range selector
- Show matching entries
- Change the time zone logs are displayed in
- View organization and folder level logs
- Use Jump to now to refine queries based on time
- Use saved queries
- Show newest logs either first or last
For an overview of the Logs Explorer, go to Using the Logs Explorer.
For an overview of the Legacy Logs Viewer, go to Using the Legacy Logs Viewer.