- Identity & Access Management
- Control access in the cluster with your Google accounts and role permissions.
- Hybrid Networking
- Reserve an IP address range for your container cluster, allowing your cluster IPs to coexist with private network IPs via Google Cloud VPN.
- Security and Compliance
- Kubernetes Engine is backed by the Google security team of over 750 experts and is both HIPAA and PCI DSS 3.1 compliant.
- Integrated Logging & Monitoring
- Enable Stackdriver Logging and Stackdriver Monitoring with simple checkbox configurations, making it easy to gain insight into how your application is running.
- Auto Scale
- Automatically scale your application deployment up and down based on resource utilization (CPU, memory).
- Auto Upgrade
- Automatically keep your cluster up to date with the latest release version of Kubernetes. Kubernetes release updates are quickly made available within Kubernetes Engine.
- Auto Repair
- When auto repair is enabled, if a node fails a health check Kubernetes Engine initiates a repair process for that node.
- Resource Limits
- Kubernetes allows you to specify how much CPU and memory (RAM) each Container needs, which is used to better organize workloads within your cluster.
- Stateful Application Support
- Kubernetes Engine isn’t just for 12-factor apps. You can attach persistent storage to containers, and even host complete databases.
- Docker Image Support
- Kubernetes Engine supports the common Docker container format.
- Fully Managed
- Kubernetes Engine is fully managed by Google SREs, ensuring your cluster is available and up-to-date.
- OS Built for Containers
- Kubernetes Engine runs on Container-Optimized OS, a hardened OS built and managed by Google.
- Private Container Registry
- Integrating with Google Container Registry makes it easy to store and access your private Docker images.
- Fast Consistent Builds
- Use Google Container Builder to reliably deploy your containers on Kubernetes Engines without needing to setup authentication.
- Open Source Portability
- Kubernetes Engine runs upstream Kubernetes, enabling workload portability to other Kubernetes platforms across clouds and on-prem.
“Kubernetes Engine delivers a high-performing, flexible infrastructure that lets us independently scale components for maximum efficiency.”- George Yianni Inventor of Hue and head of technology-connected lighting for the home at Philips Lighting
“Niantic chose Kubernetes Engine for its ability to orchestrate their container cluster at planetary-scale, freeing its team to focus on deploying live changes for their players.”- Kubernetes Engine powers Pokémon GO
|Nodes in the cluster||Referred to on your bill as...||Price for cluster|
|0 to 5 nodes||Basic Cluster|
|6+ nodes||Standard Cluster|