The device manager allows individual devices to be configured and managed securely in a coarse-grained way; management can be done through a console or programmatically. The device manager establishes the identity of a device, and provides the mechanism for authenticating a device when connecting. It also maintains a logical configuration of each device and can be used to remotely control the device from the cloud.
The protocol bridge provides connection endpoints for protocols with automatic load balancing for all device connections. The protocol bridge has native support for secure connection over industry standard protocols such as MQTT and HTTP. The protocol bridge publishes all device telemetry to Cloud Pub/Sub, which can then be consumed by downstream analytic systems.
- End-to-end security
- Enable end-to-end security using asymmetric key authentication over TLS 1.2; CA signed certificates can be used to verify device ownership. Devices supporting the Cloud IoT Core security requirements can deliver full-stack security.
- Single global system
- Connect all devices and gateways to Google Cloud over standard protocols, such as MQTT and HTTP, through the protocol endpoints and manage all your devices as a single global system. The service uses Cloud Pub/Sub underneath, which retains data for seven days.
- Out-of-box data insights
- Use downstream analytic systems by integrating with Google Big Data Analytics and ML services such as Dataflow, BigQuery, Bigtable, ML, Data Studio, or partner BI tools.
- Fully managed and scalable
- The service is serverless and doesn’t require any upfront software installation. It scales instantly without limits using horizontal scaling of Google Cloud Platform.
- Role-level access control
- Apply IAM roles to device registries to control user access to devices and data.
- Device deployment at scale
- Use REST APIs to automatically manage the registration, deployment, and operation of devices at scale. Also, use the APIs to retrieve and update device properties and state even when the devices are not connected.
- Brings ML to the edge/on premises
- Cloud IoT Core securely connects with Cloud IoT Edge to deploy machine learning models on gateways and edge devices. This deployed model can tap into the raw power of Edge TPU™ to run the trained ML models at the edge with an unprecedented speed for real-time responses.
“ Our devices are heavily used and constantly send us a huge volume of data. By connecting these devices to Cloud IoT Core, we have a secure and reliable way to not only ingest that data but then also use it to gain valuable insights. We know exactly how our systems are performing and can push updates to devices to ensure we deliver the best products and services as cost effectively as possible. ”— John Heard Group CTO, Smart Parking Limited
“ Thanks to Google Cloud IoT, we could connect a large fleet of smart meters to the Cloud, and build a smart energy platform that provides a realtime view of power utilization and forecasts demand for power utility providers. ”— Edwin Poot Founder, President & Chief Visionary Officer , Energyworx
Cloud IoT Core is priced per MB of data exchanged by IoT devices with the service after a 250MB free tier. For details, please see our pricing guide.
|Tier||Price||Data volume(per month)|
|Standard||$0.0045 per MB||250MB to 250GB|
|$0.0020 per MB||250GB to 5TB|
|$0.00045 per MB||5TB and above|
Products or features listed on this page are in early access. For more information on our product launch stages, see here.