Last modified: March 7, 2019 | Previous Versions
During the Term of the Google Cloud Platform License Agreement or Google Cloud Platform Reseller Agreement (as applicable, the "Agreement"), the Covered Service will provide a Monthly Uptime Percentage as follows (the "Service Level Objective" or "SLO"):
|Covered Service||Monthly Uptime Percentage|
|Interconnect service for production-level applications||>=99.99%|
|Interconnect service for non-critical applications||>=99.9%|
|For Dedicated Interconnect, a single interconnect (LACP bundle)||No SLA|
|For Partner Interconnect, a single interconnect attachment (VLAN)||No SLA|
If Google does not meet the SLO, and if Customer meets its obligations under this SLA, Customer will be eligible to receive the Financial Credits described below. This SLA states Customer's sole and exclusive remedy for any failure by Google to meet the SLO. Capitalized terms used in this SLA, but not defined in this SLA, have the meaning given to them in the Agreement. If the Agreement is the Google Cloud Platform Reseller Agreement, then all references to "Customer" in this SLA mean "Reseller," and any Financial Credit(s) will only apply for impacted Reseller order(s) under the Agreement.
The following definitions apply to the SLA:
- "Covered Service" means Dedicated Interconnect and Partner Interconnect.
- "Cloud Interconnect Partner" has the meaning stated at https://cloud.google.com/terms/service-terms.
- "Dedicated Interconnect" means the applicable service described at https://cloud.google.com/terms/services.
- "Partner Interconnect" means the applicable service described at https://cloud.google.com/terms/services.
- "Downtime" means a properly configured Covered Service is not able to serve any traffic directed to it.
- "Downtime Period" means a period of 120 consecutive seconds of Downtime. Intermittent Downtime for a period of less than 120 consecutive seconds will not be counted towards any Downtime Periods.
- "Financial Credit" means the following for Production-Level Applications for a Covered Service:
|Monthly Uptime Percentage||Percentage of monthly bill for production-level applications for a Covered Service which does not meet SLO that will be credited to future monthly bills of Customer|
- "Financial Credit" means the following for Non-Critical Applications for a Covered Service:
|Monthly Uptime Percentage||Percentage of monthly bill for non-critical applications for a Covered Service which does not meet SLO that will be credited to future monthly bills of Customer|
- "Monthly Uptime Percentage" means total number of minutes in a month, minus the number of minutes of Downtime suffered from all Downtime Periods in a month, divided by the total number of minutes in a month.
- "Non-critical applications" means applications that are deployed in Google Cloud Platform meeting all the requirements in the Documentation for "Creating a Topology for Non-critical Applications".
- "Production-level applications" means applications that are deployed in Google Cloud Platform meeting all the requirements in the Documentation for "Creating a Topology for Production-Level Applications".
Customer Must Request Financial Credit
In order to receive any of the Financial Credits described above, Customer must notify Google technical support within thirty days from the time Customer becomes eligible to receive a Financial Credit. Customer must also provide Google with log files showing Downtime Periods and the date and time they occurred. If Customer does not comply with these requirements, Customer will forfeit its right to receive a Financial Credit. If a dispute arises with respect to this SLA, Google will make a determination in good faith based on its system logs, monitoring reports, configuration records, and other available information, which Google will make available for auditing by Customer at Customer's request.
Maximum Financial Credit
The aggregate maximum number of Financial Credits to be issued by Google to Customer for any and all Downtime Periods that occur in a single billing month will not exceed 50% of the amount due from Customer for the Covered Service for the applicable month. Financial Credits will be made in the form of a monetary credit applied to future use of the Covered Service and will be applied within 60 days after the Financial Credit was requested.
The SLA does not apply to any: (a) features designated Alpha or Beta (unless otherwise stated in the associated Documentation), (b) features excluded from the SLA (in the associated Documentation), or (c) errors: (i) caused by factors outside of Google's reasonable control; (ii) that resulted from Customer's software or hardware or third party software or hardware, or both; (iii) that resulted from abuses or other behaviors that violate the Agreement; or (iv) that resulted from quotas applied by the system and/or listed in the Admin Console.