For an existing interconnect, you can modify its description, technical contact email address, and the number of circuits (the capacity). If you modify the description or email address, these changes are immediate.
If you change the number of circuits, the existing interconnect and its VLAN attachments continue to operate as normal because the circuit bundle uses LACP (Link Aggregation Control Protocol). Traffic isn't disrupted.
If you increase the number of circuits, you'll follow a process similar to creating a connection. Google sends you an LOA-CFA with your requested changes. Send this document to your vendor to grant them authorization to complete the work. New circuits won't be usable until they have been provisioned and tested.
If you decrease the number of circuits, Google removes the requested number of ports from the bundle and notifies you which circuits to remove. You'll need to contact your vendor to remove those cross connects.
Permissions required for this task
To perform this task, you must have been granted the following permissions OR the following IAM roles.
- Go to the Cloud Interconnect Physical connections tab in the Google Cloud Console.
Go to Physical connections tab
- For the interconnect that you want to modify, select it.
- On the interconnect's detail page, select Edit.
- Modify your interconnect and then select Save.
- Description — Information about the interconnect.
- Capacity — The total capacity of your interconnect, which is
determined by the number and size of the circuits that you order.
Select one of the following options:
- 1 x 10 Gbps circuit in 10 Gbps increments up to 8 x 10 (80 total) Gbps circuits
- 1 x 100 (100 total) Gbps circuit
- 2 x 100 (200 total) Gbps circuits
- Technical contact — An email address where notifications about this interconnect are sent. You don't need to enter your address; you'll be included in all notifications. Note that you can specify only one address.
- Select DONE to confirm your changes.
Modify an existing interconnect by running the following command.
Replace UPDATED_COUNT with the total number of circuits of type
For example, if you have a 20 Gbps Cloud Interconnect and wish to make it 40 Gbps, use
gcloud compute interconnects update INTERCONNECT_NAME \ --description UPDATED_DESCRIPTION \ --noc-contact-email UPDATED_EMAIL_CONTACT \ --requested-link-count UPDATED_COUNT
Billing for new circuits start after they're ready to use (all tests have passed) or 30 days after your order was received. You won't be charged before then. You can cancel your order by reverting to the original number of the circuits. Billing for removed circuits stops when the LACP bundle is resized.